If premature facial aging caused by genetics, your lifestyle, or the environment is preventing you from having the healthy, youthful appearance you want, then facelift surgery may be the best fit for you. Dr. Aaronson will customize your facelift so that it targets your specific signs of facial aging. By examining your face, we can recommend options to restore a firmer, more vibrant facial appearance in no time. When to feel younger? Schedule your consultation with Dr. Aaronson in Palm Springs, CA today.
What Can Be Addressed With Facelift Surgery?
ConsultationYour consultation plays an important role in your facelift process. Dr. Aaronson will evaluate the degree and areas of aging to determine the best facial enhancement technique for you. You will discuss your desires. Together, you and Dr. Aaronson will decide on a technique that best suits your needs and natural facial shape. During this time, you will also provide your medical history to ensure that you are healthy enough and a good candidate for facelift surgery.
Facelift - Incisions are placed that run from the temples to inside the ears and around the back of the ears into the area discreetly within the posterior hairline. A facelift will address both the deeper superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS) and the surface skin.
- The drooping facial muscles are lifted vertically and secured with internal sutures.
- The sagging tissue is removed, and the remaining skin is positioned to enhance the facial contours.
- The fat may be repositioned around the cheeks to achieve natural volume.
Neck Lift - An incision is placed on the underside of the chin, through which the sagging muscles and excess skin are treated.
- The platysma muscles are tightened to reduce the appearance of a flabby "turkey wattle."
- Excess skin is removed, and the remaining tissue is draped to highlight the graceful line of the neck.
- Fat removal may be necessary to treat a fatty neck appearance.